KHTA Town Guide Update – May 2020
- Unfortunately, over the winter the gas station – stores at Leesville and Medora were closed. This eliminates the Leesville resupply route.
Resupply is still possible in Medora through the Post Office. Mile 64.2 Sparksville Park to Medora is 5 miles or Mile 69.7Mile Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve to Medora is 5.3 miles
Also, the Post Office at Norman remains available. Mile 79.2 Frank Fisher Barn is 2.5 miles to Norman or Mile 82.1 Hwy 50 is 3 miles to Norman – or Mile 86.6 Polk Patch Road (Tr 13) is 2.5 miles from Norman
Hoosier National Forest Trail
- For conditions in the HNF, check their website at Hoosier National Forest . You can check weather conditions in the Bloomington area at Bloomington Area Weather Conditions.
- The bridge across the White River just beyond the Sparksville County Park trailside camp can be flooded at times of prolonged rainfall.
Knobstone & Tecumseh Trail
- Trail flooding. The Knobstone Trail is more likely to be inaccessible in times of flooding in Southern Indiana because of flooded access roads than because of trail flooding. Check local weather reports and Jackson/Washington State Forest office for closure information: (812) 358-2160.
- To check on conditions on the Tecumseh Trail in the Morgan-Monroe & Yellow Forests, go to the HHC website
- Timber harvest trail closures: All areas of state forests are regularly subject to harvest rotations. Check the DNR Knobstone Trail website for detailed trail information: http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4224.htm
You may find additional at (MMSF) http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4816.htm and